Contents of the VER_12.DOC file
FileBrowser Version 1.20
- Released in Sept. 1989.
- Backwards compatible with Version 1.00 except for two
changes in the keystroke commands (the command to load
external editor is now given in Browse mode by typing
"E", not "V", and the Help "Hot Key" is "F1" not "F2").
- Fixed bug that allowed clever users to scroll past end
of file into never-never land.
- Fixed bugs to allow more graceful crossing of Disk
- Improved dynamic memory allocation to conserve RAM usage.
- Added direct Video writes for extra speed.
- Made colour the default option.
- Added command line options to specify CPU Speed,
external editor (no longer necessary to use DOS
- Revised FBE.COM to make return to FileBrowser optional.
- Revised Menu Bar, with Pull-Down menus to assist novice
users (experts will still be able to use one-key
- Added MARK and SEARCH-AND-MARK commands.
- Added commands to change text colours.
- Added option to save text in a disk file.