for Linux: New release of the second
extended file system support programs
version 3c, e2fsck etc. (Oct. 1993)
From: [email protected]
Reply-To: [email protected]
The new release of the second extended file system support programs is
now available for anonymous ftp on ftp.ibp.fr in the directory
/pub/linux/BETA/ext2fs. It should appear soon on tsx-11.mit.edu in the
same directory. I have also uploaded it to sunsite.unc.edu and it should
soon be moved to /pub/Linux/system/Filesystems/ext2.
The files are :
- e2fsprogs-0.3c.tar.gz : source files,
- e2fsprogs-0.3c.lsm : LSM entry for the ext2 fs programs.
The changes from the last release (0.3b) are :
- mke2fs is now able to deal with partition of any size. This means
that the message "Unable to find a block for ..." should not appear
- there was a bug in e2fsck when removing a file, it has been fixed
by Chip Salzenberg,
- the printf formats used in the source files have been changed, by
Chip Salzenberg too, to make the gcc 2.5 pre-release happy.
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email protected]