Category : Linux Files
Archive   : EFSUTL3C.ZIP
Filename : README

Output of file : README contained in archive : EFSUTL3C.ZIP
From: [email protected] (Remy CARD)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

Hi all,

The new release of the second extended file system support programs is
now available for anonymous ftp on ftp.ibp.fr in the directory
/pub/linux/BETA/ext2fs. It should appear soon on tsx-11.mit.edu in the
same directory. I have also uploaded it to sunsite.unc.edu and it should
soon be moved to /pub/Linux/system/Filesystems/ext2.

The files are :
- e2fsprogs-0.3c.tar.gz : source files,
- e2fsprogs-0.3c.lsm : LSM entry for the ext2 fs programs.

The changes from the last release (0.3b) are :
- mke2fs is now able to deal with partition of any size. This means
that the message "Unable to find a block for ..." should not appear
any more,
- there was a bug in e2fsck when removing a file, it has been fixed
by Chip Salzenberg,
- the printf formats used in the source files have been changed, by
Chip Salzenberg too, to make the gcc 2.5 pre-release happy.

Remy

--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: [email protected]

Archive   : EFSUTL3C.ZIP
Filename : README

  1. Very nice! Thank you for this wonderful archive. I wonder why I found it only now. Long live the BBS file archives!

  2. This is so awesome! 😀 I’d be cool if you could download an entire archive of this at once, though.

  3. But one thing that puzzles me is the “mtswslnkmcjklsdlsbdmMICROSOFT” string. There is an article about it here. It is definitely worth a read: http://www.os2museum.com/wp/mtswslnk/