Category : Dbase (Clipper, FoxBase, etc) Languages Source Code
Archive   : IMG2DB.ZIP
Filename : WALLYG.BIT

Output of file : WALLYG.BIT contained in archive : IMG2DB.ZIP
From: BITNET%"WALLYG@GMUVAX" 26-AUG-1988 11:17
To: JNET%"ANDERSON@CUA",WALLYG
Subj: LS/2000 -> dBASE

Date: Fri, 26-AUG-1988 11:17 EST
Subject: LS/2000 -> dBASE
To: ANDERSON@CUA
Original_To: JNET%"ANDERSON@CUA",WALLYG

I sent you a file on the Bulletin Board of the Consortium
(CUA.ARC) that contains a BASIC version of a program that
will process the screens from LS/2000. The sample screens
you sent me over BITNET were a bit garbled so I'm not
promising too much, but check it out...it works up
to a point. I'm also working up a 'c' version that is
much faster and will take out subfield codes (the a,b,and
c's that are sprinkled through the file. I'll let you
know if that pans out. The C code is appended to this
message...if you can use it...i don't know if you're
a programmer or not.

Wally,
You asked for some sample screen dumps, and I apologise for the delay
in getting back to you. The library DG wouldn't let me log in
yesterday. Here are two screen dumps by PROCOMM, the first of
a card-catalogue type record, the second of a MARC record for the
same entry.

PUBLIC CATALOG Searching: CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF AMERICA
LIBRARIES

Geertz, Clifford.
Local knowledge : further essays in interpretive anthropology / by
Clifford Geertz.
New York : Basic Books, c1983.
vi, 244 p. ; 25 cm.

Includes bibliographical references and index.

Ethnology - Addresses, essays, lectures.

LOCATION CALL#/VOL/NO/COPY STATUS

*CENR GN316 .G43 1983 Available
ML/ST GN316 .G43 1983 Available

(END) Press RETURN to continue or /ES to start a new search:
SCREEN DUMP ³ VT-100 ³ FDX ³ 2400 N81 ³ LOG CLOSED ³ PRT OFF ³ CR ³ CR
PUBLIC CATALOG Searching: CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF AMERICA
LIBRARIES

FULL MARC RECORD:

001 ' ' a ocm09577023
005 ' ' a 19840814122459.0
008 ' ' a 830517s1983 nyu b 00110 eng
010 ' ' a 83070754
020 ' ' a 0465041582 : c $18.50
039 '0 ' a 2 b 3 c 3 d 3 e 3
040 ' ' a DLC c DLC d DCU
049 ' ' a DCUU[][][][][A90359]
050 '0 ' a GN316 b .G43 1983
082 '0 ' a 306 2 19
100 '10' a Geertz, Clifford.
245 '10' a Local knowledge : b further essays in interpretive
anthropology / c by Clifford Geertz.
260 '0 ' a New York : b Basic Books, c c1983.
300 ' ' a vi, 244 p. ; c 25 cm.
504 ' ' a Includes bibliographical references and index.
650 ' 0' a Ethnology x Addresses, essays, lectures.
910 ' ' a 8/84mb

Enter ^ to exit, /Forward or /Backward:
SCREEN DUMP ³ VT-100 ³ FDX ³ 2400 N81 ³ LOG CLOSED ³ PRT OFF ³ CR ³
CR

What I'd like to be able to do is pull out lines 50 (LC call no),
100 (Author), 245 (Title, down to the "/"), and 260 (publisher/date)
into a fields and records file. So far, I've tried doing this
manually, but it's a lot of editing to get out the codes; so I
only do it on the card catalogue screen dumps, and then have a text
file of references. dBase is OK; I use PC File + mostly, and
it converts formats. If you've already done or have something like
this, I'd like very much to see and try it; but I couldn't ask you
to write a new program that I should first ask my own computer center
for. Let me know what you think. Jon Anderson

Archive   : IMG2DB.ZIP
Filename : WALLYG.BIT

  1. Very nice! Thank you for this wonderful archive. I wonder why I found it only now. Long live the BBS file archives!

  2. This is so awesome! 😀 I’d be cool if you could download an entire archive of this at once, though.

  3. But one thing that puzzles me is the “mtswslnkmcjklsdlsbdmMICROSOFT” string. There is an article about it here. It is definitely worth a read: http://www.os2museum.com/wp/mtswslnk/