This file contains information regarding Vision Edit version 3.21
- some fixes and internal improvements
INFORMATION FOR PROGRAMMERS:
You can enter ASCII codes directly from the keyboard - hold down Alt key,
enter ASCII code from the numeric keypad and release Alt key.
ASCII codes can be entered both into active window and into Search/Replace
- vedNNN.zip :unregistered, regular VED, version number is NNN;
- vedNNNr.zip :registered, regular VED, version number is NNN;
- vedNNNa.zip :unregistered, 286 version of VED, version number is NNN;
- vedNNNar.zip :registered, 286 version of VED, version number is NNN;
Vision Edit is a text editor which has the following features :
- multiple files editing
- movable, resizable windows
- on-line, context-sensitive help facility
- mouse support
- pull-down menus
- Word Star key binding
- block commands (cut, copy, paste, delete)
- search and replace
- change directory
- DOS shell
- clear, save and retrieve desktop
- customizable colors
- file printing
- additional gadgets (calculator, calendar, ASCII table)
- file name (wild cards allowed) can be specified as a
- 43/50 lines screen mode for EGA/VGA
- macro facility
- virtual memory (no file-size limit)
If you have EMS installed, Vision Edit will automatically use it for
overlays, what will improve efficiency of the program.
If you have a disk cache program installed the performance of Vision Edit
can increase significantly especially editing very large files.
(c) Copyright 1991, 1992
Andrzej Brzezinski & Marek Kosznik
All rights reserved
Vision Edit is a shareware program.
You are welcome to copy it and share with friends.
If you find the program useful you are encouraged to register what will
give you the following benefits :
- free bug fixes
- discount on upgrades to future versions of Vision Edit
- manual (in a text file: MANUAL.TXT)
- phone support (Mon. - Fri. 6p.m.-7p.m., ph.(204) 943-4020).
You are also welcome to suggest any improvements. This way you can actively
participate in the process of the program evolution to the benefit of all
users. On Telnet you can reach me at: [email protected]
To register, send $25 ($50 for network) to the following address:
308-70 Garry St.
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 3J9
The users who cannot be sent Vision Edit by E-mail please add $3 for