This file contains information regarding Vision Edit version 3.1
- vedNNN.zip :unregistered, regular VED, version number is NNN;
- vedNNNr.zip :registered, regular VED, version number is NNN;
- vedNNNa.zip :unregistered, 286 version of VED, version number is NNN;
- vedNNNar.zip :registered, 286 version of VED, version number is NNN;
- virtual memory technology allowing editing of any size files!!!
- powerful macro facility which allows you to record a sequence of almost any
operations and repeat them later by hitting just one key
- new Backup option in Options/Preferences dialog box, so if you don't
like BAK files you can turn automatic backup off
- bracket matching (Ctrl-Q [ or Ctrl-Q ])
- search options are now stored to VED.OPT in addition to other options
so they will be restored automatically when you start Vision Edit the
- names of files opened, saved, and printed, as well as search keywords
are now stored in VED.DSK desktop file so they can be restored automatically
when you start Vision Edit the next time
- 2 windows can be Synchronized
INFORMATION FOR PROGRAMMERS:
You can enter ASCII codes directly from the keyboard - hold down Alt key,
enter ASCII code from the numeric keypad and release Alt key.
ASCII codes can be entered both into active window and into Search/Replace
Vision Edit is a text editor which has the following features :
- multiple files editing
- movable, resizable windows
- on-line, context-sensitive help facility
- mouse support
- pull-down menus
- Word Star key binding
- block commands (cut, copy, paste, delete)
- search and replace
- change directory
- DOS shell
- clear, save and retrieve desktop
- customizable colors
- file printing
- additional gadgets (calculator, calendar, ASCII table)
- file name (wild cards allowed) can be specified as a
- 43/50 lines screen mode for EGA/VGA
- macro facility
If you have EMS installed, Vision Edit will automatically use it for
overlays, what will improve efficiency of the program.
(c) Copyright 1991
Andrzej Brzezinski & Marek Kosznik
All rights reserved
Vision Edit is a shareware program.
You are welcome to copy it and share with friends.
If you find the program useful you are encouraged to register what will
give you the following benefits :
- free bug fixes
- discount on upgrades to future versions of Vision Edit
- phone support (Mon. - Fri. 6p.m.-7p.m., ph.(204) 943-4020).
You are also welcome to suggest any improvements. This way you can actively
participate in the process of the program evolution to the benefit of all
users. On Telnet you can reach me at: [email protected]
To register, send $25 ($50 for network) to the following address:
308-70 Garry St.
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 3J9