Contents of the README.DOC file
*** S o u n d T o o l *** S o u n d T o o l *** S o u n d T o o l ***
*** for Microsoft Windows Version 3 ***
The ZIP-file SNDTOOL.ZIP contains my SoundTool, a utility to play
and manipulate sound samples.
It contains basic functions like cut, paste, append, insert, overlay
and some more sophisticated functions line fading and echoing.
In order to make sense of SoundTool your computer must have a real
speaker, not just some kind of piezo buzzer.
More information on file formats and how to record sounds can be found
in the help file which can be accessed using the Windows help system.
You must supply the following to run SoundTool
1. Microsoft Windows 3
2. DSOUND.DLL, a dynamic link library from Aaron Wallace, which
is included with the SOUNDER.EXE program from Aaron.
This file can be found at the "cica" anonymous ftp server.
If you have any suggestions or nice sounds you can contact me via e-mail.
I will add the most suggested features if I have enough spare time.
SoundTool is Beggarware.
If you like SoundTool and use it regularily I suggest that you put $10
in an envelope and mail it to me. This will help me to pay my Porsche.
You may copy and distribute this version, but you may not charge for it.
snail-mail: Martin J. Hepperle
D-7000 Stuttgart 80
e-mail: (PACP at DS0RUS1I.bitnet , expires December 1991)
The ZIP-Archive contains the following files:
* README.DOC what are you reading just now ?
* SNDTOOL.EXE the SoundTool program for Windows
* SNDTOOL.HLP ... and the Windows help file
* RECDLL.DLL a library for recording sounds, see SNDTOOL.HLP.
and some sample sounds in various file formats:
* YES_OKAY.SOU raw 8-Bit sound file
* BASS.SND raw 8-Bit sound file with SoundTool header
* CAT_CALL.SUN SUN-audio sound file (uLaw)
* THAT_S_A.NXT NeXT sound file (16-bit)