Contents of the REFONT.DOC file
R E F O N T
A C U T E
s y s t e m s
REFONT is a Postscript type 1 font utility that allows you to use MAC type 1
fonts on IBMPC machines with Windows and ATM. With REFONT you can:
1) Convert MAC format type 1 outlines to IBM format type 1 outlines.
2) Convert MAC format type 1 outlines to ASCII hex format type 1 outlines.
3) Convert Postscript AFM files to Windows compatible PFM files.
Start REFONT by typeing REFONT at the prompt. REFONT prompts you for an
AFM file, then for a font outline file. If you don't want to generate one
of these, just hit return.
Name the output of the AFM file "font.PFM" and name the output of the
outline file "font.PFB", where "font" is any convenient name. Pick the
"B" option for the font outline. Now these files can be installed with
For an ascii font:
Skip the first prompt and pick the "A" option for the font outline.
1) Users who find this software to be of use are asked to send a registration
fee of $10.00 to the address below. If you send your address as well, you
will receive information on other PC DTP software we are developing.
2) A registration fee of $20.00 will get you a deluxe version of REFONT
which does everything this version does and more: you can generate .AFM or
.PFM files from the font outlines, list the names of all the characters,
and change the encoding vector.
3) Non-personal use of this software REQUIRES a registration fee of
$10.00 per installation.
Copyright 1991 Acute Systems.
This software is copyrighted and it's use is restricted as follows:
1) The software may be distributed freely as long as it is not sold.
2) This file (REFONT.DOC) must accompany the executable file (REFONT.EXE)
for all distributions. Neither file can be altered in any way.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ACUTE SYSTEMS
WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES RELATING TO THIS SOFTWARE.
YOUR USE OF THIS SOFTWARE SHOWS YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THESE TERMS.
PO BOX 37
ALGONQUIN, IL 60102
P.S. Your comments or suggestions are also welcome.