$ $ $ $ $ $ $ 2 R R R R R
R f ( ® 4 â * ® $ ® ® Converting from PackRat 4.1 to 5.0
In order to be able to use your PackRat 4.1 files in PackRat 5.0, you will need to go through a conversion process. This process reads the 4.1 files, and copies the data into new files. It does not modify the original 4.1 files. The process is simple, but may require an extended period of computing time. Please make sure to allow ample time for the conversion process.
Before beginning the conversion process, please read the accompanying document entitled "Optimizing the Performance of PackRat 5.0". By optimizing your system, you can greatly reduce the amount of time the conversion process will consume.
PackRat 4.1 and 5.0 must be in separate directories. If PackRat 5.0 was installed into the existing 4.1 directory, the executable files were overwritten. You must reinstall PackRat 4.1 in order to prepare your existing data files for the conversion process.
1. Using 4.1, compress all of your 4.1 data files (*.PR1, *.PR2). (See the PackRat 4.1 manual for more information on compressing files.)
2. Close (exit) PackRat 4.1.
3. If you have not yet installed 5.0, do so now.
4. Start PackRat 5.0, and select the PackRat 4.1/Other SmartStart.
If you have already installed 5.0 and selected a SmartStart other than PackRat 4.1,
a. Close (exit) PackRat 5.0.
b. Delete the CONFIG.PDB file in the PackRat directory. *** Existing 5.0 data files will be recovered later.
c. Restart PackRat 5.0.
d. Select the PackRat 4.1 Smart Start
(Note: If you are unsure of which SmartStart you used, look at your folders and find the Project and Resource folders. If these folders have been deleted or are not present, you must delete the CONFIG.PDB and restart.)
5. When 5.0 has loaded, close any open data files by selecting File - Close.
6. Select File - Convert.
7. Select the first file to be converted and click OK.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 for each file you wish to Convert.
*** If you deleted the CONFIG.PDB file in Step 4 above, you must follow these steps to recover the existing data files:
1. Close PackRat 5.0.
2. Open the PackRat Data Base Utility.
3. Select File - Compress.
4. Select the first file that was associated with the previous CONFIG.PDB file.
5. Click OK.
6. Repeat steps 3 - 5 for each file that was associated with the previous CONFIG.PDB.
For those users who are still using PackRat 4.0, there is a conversion utility available through the Polaris Sales Department that will move your data files into PackRat 4.1 format. From there, your files may be converted to PackRat 5.0. You must perform the 4.0 to 4.1 conversion before following these instructions to convert from 4.1 to 5.0.
88 \ÏHÀÃ INDEO HLP \ÞH KEYBOARDDRV @jßH KRNL286 EXE @j2 KRNL386 EXE @jâ& LABELW2 DRV &àHÐ LANMAN21DRV yáH`z LANMAN21HLP yýHª± LZEXPANDDLL @wIÐ&