Contents of the READ.ME file
"Trash-Can" File Delete utility for Windows 3.1
Inspired by original TRASH.C which is:
Copyright (C) 1992, John D. Ruley, Windows Magazine
This version contains very little of the original's code.
All new code written by David L. Jones (BIX:davejones),
sometimes doing business as Ayresome Associates.
In the spirit of the original:
This program is absolutely free, and you may copy and use
it at will, provided you do not charge for it.
All other Rights Reserved
- Trash can bulges when files are dumped in it.
- Delete is delayed: files in the can are hidden.
Files marked as hidden when put in the trash are handled OK
and have their attributes maintained if they are untrashed.
- Files can be untrashed by opening the window and
double clicking their entries.
- The trashcan empties on command, and will ask to do so
- Files can be left in the can between sessions. They
are detected on restart (unless someone clobbers OTRASH.INI).
This is handy if Windows goes south on you: you aren't left
with a lot of hidden files.
- Guest appearance by a famous trashophile.
If this program were Scottish, it would be MacTrash, but not wishing
to annoy any legal types, I made it Irish instead. Enjoy.
Additional info: creates a file OTRASH.INI in the Windows directory.