Contents of the SCRCALC.TXT file
SCRCALC 1.0 March 19, 1989
SCRCALC is a memory resident calculator program which runs with almost any
software running in the foreground. Once it pops up, you can calculate
with numbers displayed on the screen by simply moving cursor under the numbers.
Also, numbers can be entered manually. The operation is very simple and
similar to the regular hand-held calculators with memory function.
To load the program, run SCRCALC.
To pop up the calculator, press the hot key (Alt and +).
To exit from SCRCALC, press ESC.
(1) Press the hot key, then the calculator line will show up on the bottom of
(2) Move the cursor under a number displayed on the screen. Then, you will
see the same number in the number (N=) field on the calculator line.
Alternatively, at this moment, you can enter a number manually.
(3) Press one of operation keys (+ - * /), then corresponding operation will
be hilighted. And the number will be moved to the total (T=) field.
(4) Move the cursor under the next number which you want to calculate with the
number previously selected. Then press RETURN or next operation. Then
the result will be displayed in the total (T=) field.
(5) The memory area is shown by M=. Using Ctrl key and right/left arrow,
plus or minus sign, you can move, add or subtract the total (T=) number
to/from the memorized (M=) number.
(6) To clear each field (N=, T= or M=), press C, Alt and C, or Ctrl and C
respectively. If overflow occurs, you have to clear the field.
3. Column/row addition
If you have to add numbers in a column or row, you simply move the cursor
to the first number and sweep the column or row by moving the cursor with a
proper arrow key while holding down the Alt key. While the cursor moves
within the column/row, the total will be obtained automatically into the total
4. Inserting the total into the foreground document.
The number field, the total field and the memory field will be kept
unchanged after you exit to the foreground software. The same values will come
back next time you press the hot key again.
You can insert the total into the foreground document or text by doing
(1) After getting total, exit to the foreground software by pressing ESC.
(2) Move the cursor where you want to insert the total. If necessary, go to
insert mode by following the operation for the software which you are
running in the foreground.
(3) Press the hot key (Alt and +) again and display the calculator line on the
bottom of the screen, then press Ins key. The total will be put into the
document or text under edit in the foreground. If insert mode is not
active in the foreground software, the total will be overwritten to the
place where the cursor is.
If you think this product helps you, it is suggested to make a little
contribution so that the author is encouraged to develop other software
products. Or, any comments will be welcome. Please send any amount or $5 to
the following address:
18 Somerstown Road
Ossining, NY 10562