To: [email protected]
From: [email protected]
Subject: help

Sending your key to ONE server is enough. After it processes your
key, it will forward your add request to other servers automagically.

For example, to add your key to the keyserver, send a message similar
to the following to any server:

To: [email protected]
From: [email protected]
Subject: add

COMPROMISED KEYS: Create a Key Revocation Certificate (read the PGP
docs on how to do that) and mail your key to the server once again,
with the ADD command.

Valid commands are:

Command Message body contains
---------------------------- -------------------------------------------------
ADD Your PGP public key (key to add is body of msg)
INDEX List all PGP keys the server knows about (-kv)
VERBOSE INDEX List all PGP keys, verbose format (-kvv)
GET Get the whole public key ring
GET userid Get just that one key
MGET regexp Get all keys which match /regexp/

Examples for the MGET command:

MGET michael Gets all keys which have "michael" in them
MGET iastate All keys which contain "iastate"
MGET F605A5|3A738B Those two keyid's

As of 28-Feb-93, these sites are running this system:

Internet sites:
[email protected]
Michael Graff
[email protected]
FTP: tbird.cc.iastate.edu:/usr/explorer/public-keys.pgp
[email protected]
Derek Atkins
[email protected]
FTP: toxicwaste.mit.edu:/pub/keys/public-keys.pgp
[email protected]
John Perry
[email protected]
FTP: phil.utmb.edu:/pub/pgp/public-keys.pgp
[email protected]
Mark Turner
[email protected]
FTP: ftp.demon.co.uk:/pub/pgp/pubring.pgp (Updated daily)

UUCP site:
[email protected]
John Perry
[email protected]

Check the Usenet newsgroup alt.security.pgp for updates to this system
and for new sites.

--Michael

Archive   : PGPSHEL2.ZIP
Filename : KEYSERV.DOC

  1. Very nice! Thank you for this wonderful archive. I wonder why I found it only now. Long live the BBS file archives!

  2. This is so awesome! 😀 I’d be cool if you could download an entire archive of this at once, though.

  3. But one thing that puzzles me is the “mtswslnkmcjklsdlsbdmMICROSOFT” string. There is an article about it here. It is definitely worth a read: http://www.os2museum.com/wp/mtswslnk/