It serves as a replacement for the ordinary master boot.
It is very simple in installation, and quite intelligent
in handling various types of partitions.
BOOTEASY makes possible coexistence of several different operating
systems on the same machine. At the boot time the short menu
is displayed, and you can choose and load the required OS.
You can also boot from second hard disk.
Some useful features:
1) Very simple installation. Just call BOOTINST and answer 'yes'
to several questions.
2) Saves the copy of original boot sector. You can restore it
calling BOOTINST with a parameter - the name of the file with
original boot sector. By default this is 'BOOTSAVE.BIN'.
3) If no key is pressed during 5-second timeout, the default OS
4) The last booted partition is remembered and used as a default.
5) BOOTEASY marks the booted partition as active, which is required
by some OS, such as Interactive Unix.
6) If the second hard disk is present, you can boot from it.
BOOTEASY have been tested on Interactive Unix SVR3 and SVR4, 386bsd,
MSDOS 3, 4 and 5, MINIX.
BOOTEASY could not load Xenix, sorry.
Author: Serge Vakulenko,