! SLH 5/89 DEMO FILE FOR USERS OF NOAH'S ARK v2.5Z
! ! = Comment to file.... although NOAH will ignore any and all lines that
! are unrecognized, this is a good habit to get into.
! % = Title within menu. 16 maximum PER FILE in use (See .DOCs) 25 char max.
! * = On-screen comment. 4 lines at 39 characters each, per %
! - = A command invoked ACROSS all marked files.. called repeatedly and passed
! each marked filespec until all filespecs have been passed.
! + = A command passed only once... not passed a parameter....
! [ = The placement within the command line of the passed filespecs
! & = Modification toggle... when placed after the command line identifier
! causes NOAH to reread a directory. Otherwise NOAH will NOT read a
! new set of filenames from disk. You can force a read from the main menu
! New example... use the supplied sample batch file ARKDEMO.BAT to
! LIST the contents of the marked .ZIP files.... interesting.
% LIST .ZIP CONTENTS
* Requires that LIST.COM by V. Beurg
* & the ARKDEMO.BAT file bundled with
* NOAH be in your DOS path.
- ARKDEMO [
! Example one. Invoke V. Beurgs's LIST across the set of marked files..
% LIST MARKED FILES
* View each file on-screen with LIST.
- LIST [
! Example two. Invoke J. Derr's SHEZ ... note the & causing NOAH to read a DIR
* Flip view of .ZIPs from the inside
* out. Fine Shareware by Jim Derr.
* (c) J. Derr 1989 == Will modify
* the color palette.
! Example three... dump all .ZIP listings to printer
% .ZIP DUMP TO PRN
* List all .ZIP contents to
* the printer.
+ PKUNZIP -v *.ZIP >> PRN
! Example four. A creative use of WHEREIS
* Find DUP files with WHEREIS
- WHEREIS [
! Example five. Setup an environment variable
% SET PKZIP PATH
* Sets up a default path PKZIP
* will use to place all of its
* temporary files into.
+ SET PKZIP=C:\TMPS
! Example six. Call RN Here again the & forces a read new directory condition
* PC Mag's fine directory management
! Example Seven ... UNZIP to a target.. note the placement of [
% UNZIP TO C:\TEST
* UNZIP files to the target
* directory C:\TEST
- PKUNZIP [ C:\TEST
! Another Example... for those still using it.....
! There just might be a v2.5P for those who want some support for PKPAK.
! PLEASE let me know if you'd like to see that.
% PKUNPAK FILES
* Call the utility PKUNPAK across the
* marked files. If enough users make
* the request, v2.5P to support PKPAK
* will be written.
- PKUNPAK [
! Conversion utility of your choice..........
% Convert PAK to ZIP
* Use the utility ARC2ZIP.EXE to make
* the marked .ARC files into .ZIP
- ARC2ZIP [
% EDIT FILES
* Requires either PE2 or a
* batch file calling your editor
* by that name. Modify for your
* system, of course.
- pe2 [
! As you can see, this allows YOU to fully adapt NOAH to meet
! whatever needs you may have. If this option becomes popular, I will add
! the ability for the user to define a variable also passed to a command line.
! e.g. a line like ? Enter target: in this file would generate that prompt
! so that you could fully support anything at all.
! And remember to support the Shareware concept when possible....