Contents of the THEXDER.DOC file
This procedure will enable you to unprotect Sierra On-Line's HEILCOPTER
There are two files included in this ARC package:
1. THEXDER.DOC - This file
2. HELI.DAT - Supplementary file needed during DEBUG session.
The procedure is:
1) Put a blank, formatted diskette in drive B, and the THEXDER Game disk
#1 in drive A, then at the A> prompt, COPY *.* B:. Then put Disk #1
away - you won't need it anymore!
2) Copy THEXDER.DAT onto the backup disk
3) Load DEBUG, making sure both THEXDER.COM (on the backup disk) and
THEXDER.DAT (from this package) are both on the default drive.
4) Use DEBUG to patch THEXDER.COM.
-R (Record value of CX register)
XXXX:034F E8.90 7D.90 03.90 <-- Enter 3 Nop's (90h)
:???? (Enter value of CX you recorded)
5) That's all there is to it. THEXDER is now unprotected.
Now you can run THEXDER directly from your hard disk.