Contents of the SQ1.DOC file
This procedure will enable you to unprotect Sierra On-Line's 3D newest
version of Space Quest. The procedure is based on an unprotect
procedure for KING'S QUEST III, by an unknown author.
There are two files included in this ARC package:
1. SQ1.DOC - This file
2. SQ1.DAT - Supplementary file needed during DEBUG session.
The procedure is relatively simple:
1) Put a blank, formatted diskette in drive B, and the SPACE QUEST I
Disk #1 in drive A, then at the A> prompt, COPY *.* B:. Then put Disk
#1 away - you won't need it anymore!
2) Load DEBUG, making sure both SQ.COM (on the backup disk) and
SQ1.DAT (from this package) are both in the current path or on the
3) Use DEBUG to patch SQ.COM
-R (Record value of CX register)
XXXX:038D E8.90 0E.90 04 .90
:???? (Enter value of CX you recorded)
4) That's all there is to it. SPACE QUEST is now