Contents of the DESCRIP.DOC file
Copyright 1991, By Robert J. La Capra
All Rights Reserved
- Shareware Version -
ELECTRC8 is designed to perform most common electrical contracting
and engineering calculations. It is useful to anyone in the
electrical industry - electrical maintenance personnel, lighting
system designers, architects, contractors, engineers, etc. All
functions in ELECTRC7 conform to the 1990 National Electrical Code.
This software performs the following functions:
* Device, junction and pull box calcs.
* Conduit size selection for many combinations of different
wire sizes & types.
* Determine the cost to operate various loads at different
* Lighting calculations based on the Zonal Cavity Method.
* Motor conductor, overcurrent and overload calculations.
* Calculate required wire and conduit size based on allowable
* Quick reference tables for:
Grounding electrode conductor size
Equipment grounding conductor size
Underground cover requirements
KW to ampere tables
Transformer Kva to ampere tables
Metal device box size and capacity
Standard fuse & breaker ratings
Standard pull & junction box table
* Calculate voltage drop for various loads, voltages, wire size
and run lengths.
* All functions operate with 'what-if' capability. You can quickly
and easily change only the data you wish to, without having to
start a new calculation and re-enter all the required data.
Results are calculated and displayed as you make each change.
* All functions conform to the 1990 National Electrical Code.