Category : Pascal Source Code
Archive   : TPCM9406.ZIP
Filename : CODE030.PAS

Output of file : CODE030.PAS contained in archive : TPCM9406.ZIP
{
SS> I need to know if there is a way to saave the DOS screen (or any
other screen), so that I can write text to it, then restore what
was there before I wrote it... Can anyone help? Please be specific; I'm
a beginner 🙂

Everyone is a beginner :), there is just too much to learn.
}

Program SaveAndRestoreScreen;

Var
OldScreen : array [0..3999] of byte absolute $b800:$0000;
NewScreen : array [0..3999] of byte;

Begin
Move(OldScreen,NewScreen,4000);
{ this moves 4000 bytes from b800:0000 to where NewScreen is in
memory. b800:0000 is the start of the video memory. Instead
of the # 4000 here, correct programming method is using the
sizeof function }
FillChar(OldScreen,4000,' ');
{ this will blank the screen with a green background (I think) }
Move(NewScreen,OldScreen,4000)
{ restores the old screen. for your program just take out the
FillChar line and put in your stuff }
End.

{
Hope you understand what I did....and I hope this helps
Sean
--- GEcho 1.00
* Origin: Caustik Grip BBS (1:3802/242) CN Software WHq (1:3802/242)
}

Archive   : TPCM9406.ZIP
Filename : CODE030.PAS

  1. Very nice! Thank you for this wonderful archive. I wonder why I found it only now. Long live the BBS file archives!

  2. This is so awesome! 😀 I’d be cool if you could download an entire archive of this at once, though.

  3. But one thing that puzzles me is the “mtswslnkmcjklsdlsbdmMICROSOFT” string. There is an article about it here. It is definitely worth a read: http://www.os2museum.com/wp/mtswslnk/