|Novell Netware 2.1 update files.|
|File Name||File Size||Zip Size||Zip Type|
Download File UPDT21.ZIP Here
Contents of the READ.ME file
INSTRUCTIONS FOR RUNNING UPDATE.EXE
The 2.1 UPDATE program is available on 3.5" and
5.25" diskettes. The program can be run with either
the unlinked object files or the linked executable
Procedure #1. Installed executable file.
If your file server is already running, and the
operating system can boot from the hard disk,
perform the following steps:
1. Login to the system as the supervisor and map a
drive to the "SYS:SYSTEM" directory (if you don't
have one already mapped).
2. Change to the drive mapped to SYS:SYSTEM.
3. Flag the "NET$OS.EXE" file Read/Write by
typing the following: "FLAG NET$OS.EXE R/W."
4. Copy the program "UPDATE.EXE" from the
floppy diskette into the "SYS:SYSTEM" directory.
5. Execute the update by typing: "UPDATE
6. The program will now perform the necessary
update and will inform the operator that the
necessary updates have been made.
7. Reset the "NET$OS.EXE" file attribute status to
Read Only by typing the following: "FLAG
The update is now complete. It is necessary to re-
boot the file server to make the update effective.
Procedure #2. Executable file on diskettes.
If you are booting your system from a single 3.5"
diskette or dual 5.25" diskettes perform the
1. Boot DOS on your machine and insert the
diskette containing "UPDATE.EXE."
2. On a dual drive machine, insert your working
copy "OSEXE-1" diskette in drive B.
3. Type: "UPDATE B:NET$OS.EX1". On a dual drive
system, the update program will begin scanning
"NET$OS.EX1" for the areas to be updated and will
perform the updates. On a single drive system, you
will be prompted to insert the OSEXE-1 diskette in
drive B after UPDATE.EXE has loaded.
4. If you have a 5.25" version, it will be necessary
to repeat the process for the OSEXE-2 diskette. Do
this by repeating step #2 and inserting "OSEXE-2" in
place of "OSEXE-1." Now repeat step #3 using the
file name "NET$OS.EX2" in place of "NET$OS.EX1."
The update is now complete. It will now be
necessary to re-boot the file server using the
modified "OSEXE" diskettes.
Procedure #3. Object files.
The final step to the update procedure is to modify
the actual object files. You should perform this
procedure whether the first two procedures described
above were performed or not. This will insure that
the update will be included in any future re-
generations of operating systems.
Complete the following to update the object files:
1. Locate your working copies of the "TTSOBJ-1"
and the "SFT2OBJ-1" diskettes.
2. On a machine boot with DOS, insert the diskette
containing the "UPDATE.EXE" program in Drive A.
3. If you have a dual drive system, insert the
diskette "TTSOBJ-1" diskette in drive B.
4. Type: "UPDATE TTLEV2_1.OBJ." The patch will
now be performed. On a single drive system, you
will need to insert "TTSOBJ-1" when prompted to
insert the diskette for drive B."
5. After step #4 has completed it will be necessary
to repeat step #4 using the diskette "SFT2OBJ-1" in
place of "TTSOBJ-1" and typing "UPDATE
LEV2_1.OBJ in place of "TTLEV2_1.OBJ."
December 8, 2017 Add comments