Contents of the READ.ME file
* HOTNET - a LAN-Based Multi-User Caller Support System*
Do you provide some type of "hotline" phone support -- perhaps
from users of a software package, or maybe from business owners
needing tax advice. You may be trying to trouble-shoot mechanical
problems from lawn-mower dealers; perhaps you're part of a legislative
committee that's explaining new laws introduced in the current
session. Maybe you're just trying to collect feedback from people on
a new product you've introduced.
All of these scenarios share common business problems:
1) They're fielding questions from a wide body of
2) Many different people may be answering the phone.
3) These people may not know the "product" or
"service" in great detail.
4) Many common questions are asked frequently.
5) The phone personnel may not know if a question
has already been solved or not.
6) Managment needs some kind of way to track what
kinds of questions and problems end-users have.
7) Management needs to know which problems are
unresolved so they can concentrate resources to
solve those problems.
8) Management needs a way to track the activity and
performance of phone personnel.
HOTNET, a PC-based multi-user shareware system, can help
solve these business problems. HOTNET is network capable and
supports NETBIOS record locking.
HOTNET is designed to capture caller information to help
phone personnel record and solve common problems and also to
provide management with the necessary information to help make
If you are installing the archived version of HOTNET
(HN.EXE), you may unarchive the system as follows:
1) Create the proper subdirectory on the target hard
2) Make that drive/subdirectory current.
(ex: F:\PUBLIC> MD HOTNET (create subdirectory)
F:\PUBLIC> CD HOTNET (make it current)
3) Insert HOTNET diskette in disk drive.
4) Enter the following command (assumes using drive B):
HN.EXE is a self-extracting version of HOTNET. It will
extract the necessary HOTNET files and place them in
the current drive\subdirectory.
You will install the following files:
HOTNET.EXE HOTNET.DOC PHONE.DBF PHONE.DBT
PHONE1.NTX PHONE2.NTX PHONE3.NTX PHONE4.NTX
REPORTS.RP1 RR.CNF RR.UDF RRC.OVL
RRUN.EXE RRUNC.OVL RRUNTIME.EXE RRUNIN.DBF
WWCUST.DBF REGISTER.DOC UPDATES.DOC
(NOTE: Memory-resident version of Hotnet now available! Contact