Filename : EXILES.PT2

Output of file : EXILES.PT2 contained in archive : EXILES.ZIP
Msg#: 5587 *NGC National*
08-04-92 23:36:00
From: IRIS KELSO
To: JIM CURRAN (Rcvd)
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 2354 (IRISH EXILES)
Yes, by all means, give us more on Irish exiles and the potato famine.
I can't get enough of those messages about Irish history, Ulster Scots,
Choctaw Indians, and, yes, panthers and bobcats. Iris KELSO, 5250 Camp
St., New Orleans, LA 70115.

--- QM v1.30
* Origin: N.O.P.C. Club BBS [SDN/PDN] (504-486-7249) (1:396/17.0)

Msg#: 5744 *NGC National*
08-06-92 09:55:36
From: JIM CURRAN
To: IRIS KELSO
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 5587 (IRISH EXILES)
Will be glad to. Unfortunately, we had a fire here today and it will take a
while to get back to normal and I can compose the rest of it. The Famine and
the period has been a fascination for me; all but one of my families are Famine
families. I even wrote a show about Irish emigration with emphasis on the
Famine and eviction.
--- TBBS v2.1/NM
* Origin: Nat'l Genealogical Society, Arlington VA 703-528-2612 (1:109/302)

Msg#: 5761 *NGC National*
08-06-92 17:29:34
From: JIM CURRAN
To: IRIS KELSO
Subj: MORE ON IRISH EXILES
See my msgs to Judith Jasper for a continuation of the previous discussion
about the Famine and the Young Irelanders. Thank you for your interest.
--- TBBS v2.1/NM
* Origin: Nat'l Genealogical Society, Arlington VA 703-528-2612 (1:109/302)

Msg#: 8220 *NGC National*
08-10-92 08:18:00
From: IRIS KELSO
To: JIM CURRAN (Rcvd)
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 5761 (RE: MORE ON IRISH EXILES)
I'll watch for your messages. I knew nothing about the exiles until you started
writing about it. My TURNER ancestors were among the "white Protestants"
brought to South Carolina from Ireland, Germany and France to provide a buffer
between the Charleston planters and the Indians in the west of the state. This
was in the mid-1700s. The more I learn about immigration to this country, the
more I realize the poor immigrants were pawns in the thing. So now I learn
about Irish exiles. It adds to my belief. Iris KELSO, 5250 Camp St., New
Orleans, LA 70115.

--- TBBS v2.1/NM
* Origin: ANCESTRY TBBS - Sebring, Florida - [813-471-0552] (1:18/230)

Msg#: 8319 *NGC National*
08-12-92 09:56:16
From: JIM CURRAN
To: IRIS KELSO
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 8220 (Re: MORE ON IRISH EXILES)
I am enjoying this exchange immensely. I am a minor activist
(non-violent!!!!!) for Irish causes and I am continually shaken by the lack of
kowledge and misconceptions about the Iirsh situation that exist in this
country. But I am appalled by the unwillingness of most people I meet to learn
anything differently. So responses such as yours are treasured.

"Pawns" is maybe the best single word I have heard in some time to describe the
problems. Americans are so proud (rightfully!) of the English heritage that
they are not willing to recognize the darker side of the English character and
the sorrow and turmoil the Empire brought to so many people.
--- TBBS v2.1/NM
* Origin: Nat'l Genealogical Society, Arlington VA 703-528-2612 (1:109/302)

Msg#: 5413 *NGC National*
08-16-92 18:28:00
From: IRIS KELSO
To: JIM CURRAN (Rcvd)
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 3235 (RE: MORE ON IRISH EXILES)
Re the "darker side of the English character" as regards their empire, I
couldn't agree more. I have a friend who is an Anglophobe and I love her
diatribe comparing the English colonization to the French. Room for argument
there, but those English most times took no prisoners. Thanks for writing. Iris
KELSO, 5250 Camp St., New Orleans, LA 70115,

--- TBBS v2.1/NM
* Origin: ANCESTRY TBBS - Sebring, Florida - [813-471-0552] (1:18/230)

Msg#: 7411 *NGC National*
08-09-92 12:37:00
From: ELSIE SAVELL
To: JIM CURRAN (Rcvd)
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 5744 (IRISH EXILES)
Jim, I enjoyed reading your posts about the Irish through the various eras.
I learned a good bit from your mentioning actual counties and locations, etc.
Best Regards, Elsie

--- msged 2.07
* Origin: 6605 Millwood Road, Bethesda, MD 20817-6057 (1:109/356.3563)

Msg#: 8850 *NGC National*
08-11-92 10:18:00
From: JIM CURRAN
To: ELSIE SAVELL
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 8178 (RE: IRISH EXILES)
Thank you for your very kind comments. My Irish heritage has become very
imporatant to me and I have devoted exceptional amounts of time, love and
effort to learning as much as I can about Irish history. So much so that I now
give talks on Ireland and have written two shows about Ireland; the first deals
with emigration and the second with the problems of Northern Ireland.

It should be obvious that I equally love sharing my information about Ireland
and appreciate any request for enlightenment. There are so many misconceptions
and just plain bad information about Ireland that I often feel driven to get on
a soapbox. I come from from a rare, but long and honorable, Irish tradition:
the green Protestant. My families are roughly 55% Catholic and 45% Protestant
and I myself am Presbyterian with strong leanings to Methodism because of my
wife's family. I think I bring an unusual, close to unique, perspective to
discussion of Irish issues. I view them from a humanist, human- and
civil-rights position and it is amazing what is uncovered when you do. The
propaganda and violence of the British government in Ireland, the Protestant
groups of N. I. and the IRA are equally aborhent and are destroying a land of
great beauty, grace and friendliness.

I am waxing poetic this morning, because, in addition to your very kind
comments, I read with total satisfaction and amazement at its long-overdue
nature in this morning's paper that the British government has finally banned
the Ulster Defence Assocation (UDA), the premier Protestant paramilitary and
terrorist organization. If they had only shown such fortitude 20 years ago
when it might have achieved something lasting in the way of peace.

Thank you again. If there are other aspects of Ireland you're interested in,
let ne know. I enjoy immensely writing about Ireland.

--- QuickBBS 2.75
* Origin: Jack's Genealogy Emporium - (703)373-8215 (1:274/30)

Msg#: 9417 *NGC National*
08-12-92 14:24:00
From: JIM CURRAN
To: ELSIE SAVELL
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 9416 (MORE ON FAMINE)
I have sent out another note to Judith Jasper using the same title as on this
note. You may want to take a look. It gives a more human, emotional response
to the Famine than the academic stuff I put out before.

--- Maximus 2.01wb
* Origin: The Skeleton Closet BBS, Virginia Beach, VA (1:271/23)

Msg#:10193 *NGC National*
08-16-92 00:28:00
From: ELSIE SAVELL
To: JIM CURRAN (Rcvd)
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 9417 (MORE ON FAMINE)
Yes, Jim. Any way it is stated, it is a heartbreaker. My blood boiled when
I watched the PBS series about Ireland a few years ago. I wonder if future
generations will have the same anger toward us when they learn about Somalia
and Yugoslavia and other places where our inability to work together in concert
is allowing similar starvation to occur. Thanks for the two-toned statements
on the Irish famine of the middle 1800's.
Best Regards, Elsie

--- msged 2.07
* Origin: 6605 Millwood Road, Bethesda, MD 20817-6057 (1:109/356.3563)

Msg#: 8178 *NGC National*
08-10-92 09:48:00
From: BOB ENNIS
To: JIM CURRAN (Rcvd)
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 7411 (IRISH EXILES)
Thank you for your very lucid discussion of the period 1845 - 1849 in
Ireland. It would seem to me that the word "famine" is misused,
however. With food available and delibertly withheld, "murder by
starvation" would be a better, more descriptive term.

--- WM v2.03 [Eval]/91-983
* Origin: GENEALOGY HQS! Lubbock, TX 806-796-7070 HSTDS (1:3804/8)

Msg#: 9874 *NGC National*
08-12-92 09:46:00
From: JIM CURRAN
To: BOB ENNIS
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 8850 (RE: IRISH EXILES)
Right on!!!!!! I didn't use a similar term simply because "famine" is the
accepted, recognized term. And the worst part of it is that the situation
hasn't changed all that match vis-a-vis the English and the Irish; it has
simply gone underground and has a more polite, civilized veneer, thin though
it may be.

--- QuickBBS 2.75
* Origin: Jack's Genealogy Emporium - (703)373-8215 (1:274/30)

Msg#: 7545 *NGC National*
08-08-92 10:30:00
From: EUGENE BARTLEY
To: JIM CURRAN (Rcvd)
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 6328 (RE: IRISH EXILES, PART 2 OF 2)
-=> Quoting Jim Curran to Judith Jasper <=-

JC> Running out of time. Let me know if you want to hear more. TTYL.

Eagerly awaiting Part III.

--- Blue Wave/Opus v2.01 [NR]
* Origin: Southern Fried BBS (1:3630/20.0)

Msg#: 8256 *NGC National*
08-10-92 10:43:00
From: JIM CURRAN
To: EUGENE BARTLEY
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 7545 (RE: IRISH EXILES, PART 2 OF 2)
Sent off two more parts. Must have been asleep when I was doing it; my
numbering of the parts leaves something to be desired. Plus I screwed up the
next part and had to send it a second time.

Oh, well. . . Look for notes from me to Judith Jasper. Thank you for the
kind words.

--- QuickBBS 2.75
* Origin: Jack's Genealogy Emporium - (703)373-8215 (1:274/30)

Msg#: 9416 *NGC National*
08-12-92 14:22:00
From: JIM CURRAN
To: EUGENE BARTLEY
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 9415 (MORE ON FAMINE)
I'm getting carried away by the responses I've gotten. Look for a note from me
to Judith Jasper with the same title as this note for some more info in a very
different style.

--- Maximus 2.01wb
* Origin: The Skeleton Closet BBS, Virginia Beach, VA (1:271/23)

Msg#: 8449 *NGC National*
08-10-92 08:10:00
From: DON NICKELL
To: JIM CURRAN (Rcvd)
Subj: RE: IRISH EXILES, PART 2
JC> Running out of time. Let me know if you want to hear more. TTYL.

Ya betcha, sorry I missed Part I...

Thanks so much, the "series" is most interesting.
___
X OLX 2.1 TD X I'm in shape ... round's a shape isn't it?

--- Maximus 2.00
* Origin: Construction Net #6 * Los Alamos NM * (1:15/20)

Msg#: 9875 *NGC National*
08-12-92 09:51:00
From: JIM CURRAN
To: DON NICKELL
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 8449 (RE: IRISH EXILES, PART 2)
Thank you very much for your kind comments. I have since sent out some more
but have found that I can't chew gum and walk down the street at the same time.
Ignore my bizarre numbering of the notes; they'll only confuse you. Also be
aware there there is an extraneous message floating around out there that I
wasn't able to delete after I screwed up uploading it. Check for notes from me
to Judith Jasper. At least (I think . . . I hope) I kept that consistent.

TTYL

--- QuickBBS 2.75
* Origin: Jack's Genealogy Emporium - (703)373-8215 (1:274/30)

Msg#: 9184 *NGC National*
08-12-92 06:47:00
From: DON NICKELL
To: JIM CURRAN (Rcvd)
Subj: IRISH IMMIGRANTS
Jim, I missed your articles of the Ulster peoples. How could I go about
getting reprints?
Thanks for the posts.

--- Maximus 2.00
* Origin: Construction Net #6 * Los Alamos NM * (1:15/20)

Msg#: 8770 *NGC National*
08-13-92 11:05:20
From: JIM CURRAN
To: DON NICKELL
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 8449 (Re: IRISH EXILES, PART 2)
Thank you very much for your kind words. Watch for some further messages from
me to Judith Jasper. There were several earlier messages back and forth and I
didn't keep copies myself so I can't resend. OTOH, all the messages in the
series are currently active on the NBS BBS out of Washington. Don't know if
you want to make a call like that from NM, but if you do, give it a shot.
--- TBBS v2.1/NM
* Origin: Nat'l Genealogical Society, Arlington VA 703-528-2612 (1:109/302)

Msg#:10513 *NGC National*
08-18-92 09:19:33
From: JIM CURRAN
To: DON NICKELL
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 9184 (IRISH IMMIGRANTS)
I am amazed by the amount of interest thise messages generated. I'll have to
see about capturing them myself from NGS. They were all off the top of my head
and I didn't keep copies. I'll get back to you once I do.

Msg#: 5066 *NGC National*
08-18-92 15:19:36
From: JIM CURRAN
To: DON NICKELL
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 4026 (IRISH IMMIGRANTS)
I believe I have captured most of the notes in the various conversations. I
have done some minor editing; no changes of content but removal of some of my
more egregious typos and word omissions. I also rearranged the order of the
messages to make them have a little more sense. There were several
interrelated conversations and I tried to put them in some kind of order. The
main thread comes first, then a couple of smaller threads and, finally, a
collection of miscellaneous notes. The file is almost 50k. Resending them
over the echo is out of the question. Even printing them and mailing is an
exceptional chore. How about my sending them on disk? 3.5 or 5.25? What's
your address?
--- TBBS v2.1/NM
* Origin: Nat'l Genealogical Society, Arlington VA 703-528-2612 (1:109/302)

Msg#: 7321 *NGC National*
08-20-92 08:20:00
From: DON NICKELL
To: JIM CURRAN (Rcvd)
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 7143 (RE: IRISH IMMIGRANTS)
JC>notes. The file is almost 50k. Resending them over the echo is out of the
JC>question. Even printing them and mailing is an exceptional chore. How
JC>about my sending them on disk? 3.5 or 5.25? What's your address?

Hi, Jim. The offer is gracious, however, I'm afraid you may be opening
a can of worms. Do you have enough floppies and 75c stamps to go
around? :=)

How about...putting it on your board as a zip file and I will come get
it and send it to Mavrogeorge in San Francisco, as well as other boards
in the southwest that carry the GENEALOGICAL echo? At 5am it is cheaper
to call LD to VA than to mail a floppy!

Hummm...PS thought: possibly the PAF BBS in SLC might be a good
distribution point also.

I certainly appreciate the offer, but I am thinking of what you might
end up expending. The articles were, as you noted, very popular and
informative.

Thanks so much for your contribution...

Don Nickell, 43 Verano Loop, Santa Fe, NM 87505
___
X OLX 2.1 TD X Authority often assigns jobs to those least capable.

--- Maximus 2.00
* Origin: Construction Net #6 * Los Alamos NM * (1:15/20)

Msg#: 7706 *NGC National*
08-23-92 12:45:16
From: JIM CURRAN
To: DON NICKELL
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 7321 (Re: IRISH IMMIGRANTS)
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm wondering whether I should wait a little
longer. Since our exchang several other covnersations have started on this
whole topic of Irish history. You might look for notes from me to Paul Delmore
and to Bonnie Bunce among others.

I have found this whole process unbelievable. After spending many years and
much effort trying to find a forum, I have this one fall into my lap without
even trying for it. And I didn't even recognize it until I had asked the
original question about my g-grandfather and his involvement in the New
Irelanders.

I would like to believe I am creating a new understanding of the Irish and
their problems, both historic and current, from a non-violent point of view and
free from the excesses of extreme partisanship. To the extent I this goal,
succeed in this goal, I honor the memory of my ancestors and they live again.

I will do what you suggest, but not immediately I hope you won't mind the wait.
--- TBBS v2.1/NM
* Origin: Nat'l Genealogical Society, Arlington VA 703-528-2612 (1:109/302)

Msg#: 9733 *NGC National*
08-26-92 08:26:00
From: DON NICKELL
To: JIM CURRAN (Rcvd)
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 9721 (RE: IRISH IMMIGRANTS)
JC>Thanks for the suggestion.
JC>I will do what you suggest, but not immediately I hope you
JC>won't mind the wait.
Pant, pant. Yes, (with rigid control) I can wait. :=)

JC>succeed in this goal, I honor the memory of my ancestors and they
JC>live again.

Yes, I am amazed at the feelings that are sturred as I go through
various documents. But then again Richard Halliburton used to take me
around the world with him!!! :=) (Before your time?)

Researching: ANGLIN, CLARK, GAUNCE, MOOTY (Ga), NICKELL
Don Nickell, 43 Verano Loop, Santa Fe, NM 87505 (505)983-6606

___
X OLX 2.1 TD X Never test for an error unless you can handle it

--- Maximus 2.00
* Origin: Construction Net #6 * Los Alamos NM * (1:15/20)

Msg#: 9823 *NGC National*
08-28-92 11:34:44
From: JIM CURRAN
To: DON NICKELL
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 9733 (Re: IRISH IMMIGRANTS)
Pls see my note to Connie Anderson. We get deeper and deeper into this, which
the central core of my life.

The only Richard Halliburton I am aware of was a 19th century explorer and I'm
sure that's not who you were talking about. A few details?
--- TBBS v2.1/NM
* Origin: Nat'l Genealogical Society, Arlington VA 703-528-2612 (1:109/302)

Msg#:10296 *NGC National*
08-15-92 04:41:00
From: JAMES DAVIS
To: JIM CURRAN (Rcvd)
Subj: IRISH - GRAY
Jim, I read today about your interest in Ireland. My wife's
grandfather Peter Gray b.1851 Carley's Bridge (near Enniscorthy, Co.
Wexford) came to Am. in 1868 to avoid service in the British Navy. I
found his parents James Grey d.1888/9 Carley's Bridge, m. 1848 Mary
Keating in the St.Aidens Cathedral records in Enniscorthy, when I was
there. Both were buried in Davidstown because that was the parish
church covering the townsland that Carley's bridge is located in.
What can you tell me about service in the British Navy by Irish
young men? Was there an organized draft as we used to have or did they
just come in an grab them up or what? Peter had brothers b.1849, 1853,
1856, 1858 and 1862 but none of them left the Enniscorthy area. What
was it about 1868 that made Enniscorthy especially vunerable to having
its young me drafted into the British Navy, if anything? I wonder why
his older brother (2 years) didn't leave? They were working in the
Woolen mill in Carley's bridge I believe.
The St. Aidens Cathedral records indicate James Grey came from
Kilkenny but didn't say if that was town or Co. I can find neither
hide nor hair of him in the catholic parishes in Kilkenny Co., unless
maybe his name was spelled Gregg there. I searched those records in
Dublin but I imagine the LDS has the films. The tax records of 1820's
and 1850's indicate many more Greys in Co. Laois but I haven't looked
there yet. This sure a slow process. Do you have any recommendations
for speeding up this process?
I think it sure is sad how the people can't get along in Northern
Ireland. We had a group of 40 girls on our plane from Belfast, 1/2
Protestant and 1/2 Catholic who had gone to the US for a month to learn
about each other in a neutral environment. Sponsored by the
Episcopalians I think. Economic oppression by one group over another.
Greed, distrust, and misused power. Sounds like South Africa except
the titles of the parties are different. I pray that someday the
British and nothern protestants will figure out how to be fair to the
northern catholics and that someday the island will be reunited and the
catholic majority won't take it out on the northern protestants. I get
a lump in my throat just thinking about it.
Hope to hear from you soon.
James R. Davis, 6708 Austin Way, Sacramento, CA 95823 (916)-393-9186

--- Opus-CBCS 1.14
* Origin: Dynasty, Box 12, Elk Grove,CA95759 USR HST/DS (1:203/10.0)

Msg#:10514 *NGC National*
08-18-92 09:36:14
From: JIM CURRAN
To: JAMES DAVIS
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 10296 (IRISH - GRAY)
Your comment about sounding like South Africa is so close to the mark, it
hurts. In 1963, Prime Minister Voerster of S. Africa, while trying to gain
passage of his apartheid laws, said, "I would give all this (meaning his
legislation), for just one clause from the Spevial Powers Act of Northern
Ireland." Unfortunately, I don't have the exact quote here, but I can
paraphrase it. The Special Powers Act was enacted in 1922 and lasted until
the mid-70's when it was replaced by the slightly (but very slightly) less
odious Prevention of Terrorism Act. SPA provided for, among other things,
arrest without warrant, internment without trial, search and seizure without
warrant and other gross violations of civil and human rights. But the
crowning blow (pun intended) came in the clause that said that any act,
determined by the authorities to be against the peace and order of the
Northern, whether or not covered by the Act, was, by definition, also an
offense against the Act and fully punishable under the law. Combining
that mentality with later laws that determined "confessions", even though
unwritten and denied by the person supposedly confessing, were admissable
and were sufficient, with no other corroborating evidence than a
police officer's statement that the prisoner made such a statement in his
presence, could convict. Still later, the English (1989, I believe, maybe
1988) removed an accused's right to maintain silence and, if he chooses to
remain silent, that silence may be used as an admission of guilt.

On top of this, the English negotiated a treaty with the US that gave up our
traditional right of freedom for political offenses. This treaty (That last
sentence should read "right of freedom from extradition") applies only to
England and requires only a statement from the English that it is not a
political offense (which in their view never exists), and extradition becomes a
function of the State Department and is taken out of our court system.

How's them apples?

Msg#: 5067 *NGC National*
08-18-92 15:29:16
From: JIM CURRAN
To: JAMES DAVIS
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 4917 (IRISH - GRAY)
My previous reply shorted you on some info. You asked about naval service: the
question caught me by surprise. I suddenly realized I have never heard of any
involvement of Irishmen in the British Navy altho' it would only make sense
given the fishermen of Ireland and Britain's drastic needs and methods for
manpower. 1868 seems awfully late for impressment. Am not sure of exact
date of reformation of British impressment policies, but seems to me it was in
early 1800's after Waterloo.

Moreover, Enniscorthy does not strike me as a place to find recruits. It is a
wonderful little town on the River Slaney. Right across the river is the hill
on which the Rising of 1798 ended (at least in Wexford) with the slaughter of
10,000 rebels who "fought back to back and the poor Slaney ran red with their
blood."

Conscription is a distinct possibility, altho' I have had varying opinions
about British conscription in Ireland. Most likely is enlistment to escape a
horrible life.

Out of timew. TTYL.
--- TBBS v2.1/NM
* Origin: Nat'l Genealogical Society, Arlington VA 703-528-2612 (1:109/302)

Msg#:10449 *NGC National*
08-26-92 08:16:00
From: JIM AGNEW
To: JIM CURRAN (Rcvd)
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 6742 (RE: MORE ON FAMINE)
Jim Curran wrote to: Paul Petersen
on: 21 Aug 92 10:46:19
concerning: Re: MORE ON FAMINE
I have enjoyed your discourse on the Famine. My ancesters came over from
Ireland (probably Antrim, probably Donegore Town) circa 1853 and possibly
earlier for their father. Don't know if they were affected by the famine,
in fact I know nothing other than that they were Protestant (Presbyterian?).

Someday I will figure it all out! -Jim

... Searching AGNEW/DURGA/WOOD/DENNIS/SMITH/HALL/GREEN/DAVIS et al.
--- Blue Wave/Max v2.10 [NR]
* Origin: The GeneSplicer's BBS, Las Vegas, Nv. (1:209/720.0)

Msg#:10615 *NGC National*
08-27-92 21:04:00
From: MARYLOU BARRETT
To: JIM CURRAN (Rcvd)
Subj: REPLY TO MSG# 10449 (RE: MORE ON FAMINE)
JC>after the Famine became a tradition-laden fact of Irish
JC>life. Unlike most other emigrant groups, particularly of
JC>that time, the Irish emigrated sigly, not as family units.
JC> The primary reason was the cost; they were too poor to
JC>afford passage for more than oneperson in a family at a
JC>time. In fact, each emigrant was expected to send back
JC>money to bring the next member of the family; this was
JC>called "bringing the greenhorn". The wake for the

I appreciate all your comments, Jim, and I'm learned much from
you. I can better appreciate my MURPHY family struggle to make it
to the new world. Thanks. - Mary Lou
___
* SLMR 2.0 * SHHHH!!! Be vewy quiet!! I'm hunting FOREBEARS!!!

--- Maximus 2.01wb
* Origin: Seattle Software Exchange *HST/DS* (1:343/8)

+++++++++

Archive   : EXILES.ZIP
Filename : EXILES.PT2

  1. Very nice! Thank you for this wonderful archive. I wonder why I found it only now. Long live the BBS file archives!

  2. This is so awesome! 😀 I’d be cool if you could download an entire archive of this at once, though.

  3. But one thing that puzzles me is the “mtswslnkmcjklsdlsbdmMICROSOFT” string. There is an article about it here. It is definitely worth a read: http://www.os2museum.com/wp/mtswslnk/