Category : A Collection of Games for DOS and Windows
Archive   : MEGATRON.ZIP
Filename : README.1ST

Output of file : README.1ST contained in archive : MEGATRON.ZIP
From: John Stanely [Internet Address: [email protected]]
Subj: Megatron VGA
Date: 03/20/93

Welcome to the shareware release of Megatron VGA. You should have the
following files in the release kit.

README.1ST This File.
MEGA.BAT Megatron Startup.
MEGATRON.EXE The Megatron Program.
MEGA.DOC Megatron Documentation.
WHATS.NEW Game Additions and Changes.
NOTICE.TXT Shareware User Release Notice.
RESELLER.LIC Shareware Reseller License Notice.
ORDER.FRM Shareware End-User Registration Form.
MODEMS.CFG Modem Configuration History Logfile.
MODEMS.INI Advanced Modem Initialization String.
SIMPLE.INI Simplistic Modem Initialization String.
VOL000.PIX - VOL062.PIX Game Database Modules (approximately 850K).

To start the game, type: MEGA at your DOS prompt. You MUST have a VGA
video card and monitor to play the game. If you do not have the required
equipment, Megatron will refuse to run and return you to DOS.

Good Luck and Good Hunting!

Archive   : MEGATRON.ZIP
Filename : README.1ST

  1. Very nice! Thank you for this wonderful archive. I wonder why I found it only now. Long live the BBS file archives!

  2. This is so awesome! 😀 I’d be cool if you could download an entire archive of this at once, though.

  3. But one thing that puzzles me is the “mtswslnkmcjklsdlsbdmMICROSOFT” string. There is an article about it here. It is definitely worth a read: http://www.os2museum.com/wp/mtswslnk/