Contents of the README.1ST file
SQZGIF v2.1 (c) Copr. 1988-90 Lawrence & Marvin Gozum, MD
SQZGIF converts LARGE GIF and PCX pics (to 2KBx2KBx256) and "squeezes" it
down to 320x200x256 in .BLD & .PLT format or GIF or expands it to any
size (e.g.,1024x768x256) for:
* image processing/editing in VGACAD
* conversion to EGA in VGA2EGA
* printing in GIFDOT
* desktop publishing with GIFPUB
* reconversion to a smaller GIF in BLD2GIF
* bloading in BASIC or QuickBASIC (BLD & PLT files only)
DISTRIBUTION OF SQZGIF21.ZIP (.ARC) MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING FILES.
Files: SQZGIF .exe Main Program
SQZGIF .doc User Manual
BRUN41 .exe Runtime Module
RAW2GIF .exe GIF encoding utility
REGISTER.doc registration form
README .1st this document
Update 2.1 * User-specified zooming or squeezed GIF & PCX pictures.
* Choice of fast interpolation or color averaging methods.
* Integration of SQZGIF v2.1 (and up) with VGACAD (2.0 and
up, when released) for immediate importing of user-
specified, 'squeezed' or 'zoomed', color-averaged or
Update 2.0: * PCX (version 5) format included (to 2KBx2KBx256)
* BUGFIX: (MAJOR) All SVGA processing used weird colors,
if 320x200x256 mode was not processed first. This has
been corrected !
* BUGFIX: (MAJOR) 800x600x256 and 1024x768x256 SVGA
processing modes 'choked' and gave inappropriate error
messages. These have been fixed.
* Bugfix: VDISK path did not change to next available
path; this has been corrected.
* Bugfix: MVGASCRN.RAW & .PLT files were not automatically
deleted when processing was aborted; this has been fixed.
* Feedback on alternative VDISK path selectd is displayed
to let the user know where the MVGASCRN (RAW & PLT) files
are being written.