MAKING CHARTS IN EXCEL 3.0:-
The two Excel 3.0 macros, CHARTCD1.XLM and CHARTCD2.XLM, are meant to automate
the process of making charts from the CDSPEED.EXE terse output log file.
CHARTCD1.XLM produces two charts , Actual Transfer Rate versus Block Size
and Overall CPU Utilization versus Block Size.
CHARTCD2.XLM also produces two charts, Background CPU usage versus Block Size
and Percent Blocked by Reading versus Block Size.
(1) Load CHARTCD1.XLM onto EXCEL 3.0 .
(2) Click on the "MAIN" button.The macro will prompt you for
the name of the LOG file.
(3) Once the macro ends , select the charts (one at a time) and
take it to a WINWORD document via the clipboard.This has to be done
twice since there are two charts per macro.
(4) Load CHARTCD2.XLM onto EXCEL 3.0.
Repeat STEP(2) to STEP(3) for the second macro, CHARTCD2.XLM.
(5) Once all the four charts are in the WINWORD document, you can add
other textual data and titles and then print it.
PLEASE BE SURE TO SAVE THE LOG FILE AFTER RUNNING EACH MACRO.
Failure to save the log file will result in the updation
of all referenced charts thereby producing incorrect charts.