Contents of the READ.ME file
MENUS.PRG shows how the function PROMPTER() can be used instead of
Clipper's built-in PROMPT/MESSAGE/MENU commands.
- continuour wrap-around of the highlight bar
- no conflict with GET/READ since INKEY() is used (PROMPTER() only)
- no conflict with function keys
- F1 key can be reassigned while function is active
- horizontal prompts are easily spaced with one parameter
- easy to change between horiz & vert prompting
- easy to change spacing between prompts
In this example, the user can also toggle between menu types
(highlighted prompts or numbered choices) by hitting F2.
The example uses Tom Rettig's external call CURSOR to turn the
cursor on and off; if you do not have TR.LIB, comment out the lines
which have the word CURSOR. Otherwise, the PRG file can be compiled
and linked as is.
Author: C&E Consulting
6 Pebblecreek Court
Taylors, SC 29687
CompuServe - 76137,252
The Source - NA2112
Plug: C&E Consulting provides custom program development in a
variety of languages, as well as training and hardware
Updates and other utilities can be obtained by sending
an appropriate contribution to the address above.