Contents of the README.TXT file
README file for Microsoft(R) Visual C++ Version 1.0
DLL Runtime Library Patch #1
(C) Copyright Microsoft Corporation, 1993
This patch corrects problems with the Microsoft (R) Visual C++ (TM)
runtime libraries for small and medium model DLLs.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING THE PATCH:
- Change to your MSVC 1.00 library directory. For instance:
- Copy the patch files to the MSVC library directory. The patch files are:
- Make backup copies of the files that will be updated by the patch:
SDLLCAW.LIB (Professional edition only)
MDLLCAW.LIB (Professional edition only)
- Run the patch program, by typing:
The patch program indicates its actions as it runs. See the section
in this file entitled "If you have trouble:" if warnings appear
during this step. When the patch has been successfully completed, you
may delete the patch files.
BUGS FIXED BY THIS PATCH:
The following C run-time functions give unpredictable results in small-
and medium-model Windows DLL libraries as distributed with Visual C++ 1.0:
If you have trouble:
If you have problems running this patch:
- Make sure you copied the appropriate patch files.
- Make sure you have the correct version of the files to be updated.
This patch will only patch files from MSVC v1.00.
- If you receive the warning message "Warning wpt0015: Old File does not
exist" from the patch utility, note the following:
1) Ensure that the current directory contains the files to be updated.
2) The default installation for the Professional Edition does not include
alternate math runtime libraries (SDLLCAW.LIB / MDLLCAW.LIB). If you
did not install these libraries, ignore this message.
- If you receive the warning message "Warning wpt0036: Invalid copy of
file found. No update can be done" from the patch utility, check to make
sure you're using the correct patch files for your edition of Visual C++:
Professional Edition: PROLIB.RTP
Standard Edition: STDLIB.RTP
If, after checking these possibilities, you still have problems, please
contact Microsoft Product Support in Section 1 of the MSLANG forum on
CompuServe. Microsoft has a Developer Services area on CompuServe where
you can get support for most of our development tools as well as access
to the Microsoft Knowledgebase. If needed, we can be reached from 6 a.m.
6 p.m. PST at (206)635-7007.