* XFER Zmodem Transfer Shell - Version 4.2
* Updated 08/03/91: Version 4.2
* - Support for new Omen Tech GSZ.EXE added. Use the Z Program
* selection on the setup menu to choose between DSZ and GSZ.
* Updated 06/09/91: Version 4.2
* - OZBExt Download support added.
* Updated 03/02/91: Version 4.1
* - ColorSet functions added.
* Updated 01/10/91: Version 4.0
* - New user interface implemented.
* - XFER.CFG returns. This is the easiest way to handle setup
* stuff, especially under the new menu system. The DOS
* environment variables are no longer necessary.
* - Bug in 3.5 with the upload directory is corrected in this
* Updated 12/20/90: Version 3.5
* - Separate UP/DOWN directories option. Since this was the
* overwhelmingly requested item for the past few months I
* thought I should finally get around to adding it. It is
* an OPTION. The old XFERDIR DOS variable still works, and
* if it exists, it will be used for both up and downloading.
* If it does not exist, the program looks for two other DOS
* variables, XFERUP and XFERDOWN. If they don't exist, the
* program bombs out.
* - In the process of adding the up/down directory option, I
* rewrote the portion of the program that changes to the
* proper drive and directory before calling DSZ, and
* optimized it a bit--took about 200 bytes off the compiled
* program size. Whoopee. Also, I had reports that XFER would
* not work with Desqview. Maybe the changes I made will take
* care of that. I can't test it myself since I don't own
* - Added the /P command line option for ProMice users. This
* simply reactivates the ProMice menu just before leaving
* XFER, so the ProMice setup isn't disabled. Contact Neil
* W. DeChambeau, author of ProMice, for problems.
* - Added the /S command line option for complete silence. If
* this option is specified, there will be NO SOUND.
* Updated 11/02/90: Version 3.4.1
* - Added ProMice support--ProMice menus reactivated when XFER
* terminates normally.
* Updated 08/15/90: Version 3.4
* - Smaller .COM file format. Reduced overall program size
* by 4k.
* - Updated music routines using latest version of Soundkit.
* - Fixed a bug with the mouse cursor leaving a character
* behind it on the Batch Upload screen.
* Updated 05/07/90: Version 3.3
* - Just when you think you have it all figured out . . .
* I discovered that putting the download directory on the
* command line made it impossible to use XFER with
* Procomm 2.4.x, which does not allow command line options.
* Instead, the download directory is now in a DOS
* environment variable (XFERDIR) which XFER looks at.
* This speeds program execution a little.
* - Put the menu back into the program rather than using the
* external file (which worked but was too gimmicky).
* - Made the mouse cursor yellow.
* Updated 04/29/90: Version 3.3
* - Mouse support added on main menu and in the point and
* shoot file selection system. Program size increased
* by less than 1k.
* Updated 04/23/90: Version 3.3
* - Menu change implemented, which replaced the old menu with
* one that will be mouseable at some time in the future.
* The new menu also changed the keystrokes to ones more in-
* tuitive for the user, rather than straight alphabet.
* - Removed the XFER.CFG file business, replacing it with
* a command line parameter instead, and totally eliminating
* one of the variables, which was redundant.
* - Both of these changes slightly reduced overall program
* code size.
* Updated 04/21/90: Version 3.2
* - Bug Fixes: Version 3.1 did NOT properly change directories
* under certain circumstances, and would not change drives
* under ANY circumstances. Corrected via new logdir()
* function. This affected the download directory.
* - Also, corrected a transient bug in the NoBach and NoRemove
* variables, so they now function correctly 100% of the time.
* - Version 3.2 now cleans up after itself, deleting the Z.LST
* file upon exit unless the /r command line param is used.
* Thanks to Steven Conrad for the suggestion.
* - Updated the sound routines to use SoundKit functions.
* Updated 04/08/90: Version 3.2
* - added /r command line support. This option suppresses
* the creation of a new Z.LST file if one already exists.
* This is primarily useful for uploading the same set of
* files on a daily basis.
* Updated 04/07/90: Version 3.1
* - corrected bug in [C] upload point and shoot: If the
* up/download directory was empty, the program would
* error out.
* - monochrome monitor support added.
* Updated 03/23/90:
* - point and shoot for BATCH transfers added
* - MobyTurbo added
* - /N command line switch for NoBach added
* Updated 02/15/90:
* - Zmodem AutoDownload(tm) support added
* Updated 10/08/89:
* - Changed title screen for official release of version 2.0
* Updated 07/28/89:
* - Version 2.0
* - Support for monochrome monitor systems
* - Now uses Zmodem Compressed when sending. DSZ automatically
* falls back to regular Zmodem if receiving system does not
* support Zmodem Compressed. -Z parameter.
* - Won't disconnect if No Carrier Detected. d parameter.
* - Pop-Up Directory selection for single file uploading.