Contents of the PUTANSI.TXT file
This Zipfile includes :
- putansi.c subroutine used to display ANSI files in a window
- ansdemo.c example call program
- ansdemo.exe working example. type: 'ansdemo '
- schroede.ans example ANSI file for 80x25 window
- snoopy.ans example ANSI file for 80x25 window, using 'animation'
- face.ans example ANSI file for 43x80 or 50x80 windows (EGA/VGA)
(set your system to 43/50 lines first, or you'll just
get to see the upper half of the picture distorted)
The subroutine can be used to display an ANSI picture in a window or
virtual window, using TCXL 5.X or better.
It is capable of displaying ANSI files created with all kinds
of drawing programs, like THEDRAW or ANSIDRAW, and it also
accepts the output of the GIF-to-ANSI converter.
The 'schroeder' and 'snoopy' ansi files are not mine, I just downloaded
them somewhere. The 'face' ansi is a converted fragment of DS-F-053.GIF.
The source can be used freely. It is donated to the Public Domain.
If you use the routine in any of your programs, please drop me a
line in the International CXL area (fidonet), addressed to