|Useful player utilities for TradeWars 2002 BBS gameplayers.|
|File Name||File Size||Zip Size||Zip Type|
Download File TWVIEW93.ZIP Here
Contents of the CHANGES.TXT file
* ack, bugfix. When using equip/organic only trading pairs, the boolean
variable Eonly was undefined, but passed to a procedure. Oops.
NEW TO VERSION 0.93
* fixed fighter display bug when showing pairs at remote distances
* added "port trade factor" to showing pairs at remote distances
* changed main menu so it didn't wrap for long BBSnames
* added both maximum trade at pair plus RMS factor at ports
* sorted the
aired port into Equip/Organic, Equip/Fuel, Organic/Fuel
* fixed the interface in the multisector shortest path routine
it really was pretty clunky. Thanks for pointing it out, Tmaster.
* put in compiler directives. I keep forgetting to turn 286 off. This
will fix it so its always off.
NEW TO VERSION 0.92
I have been really terrible about version control. Sorry about that. I am
going to try to include all the improvements since version 0.91, but I may
forget something. I should be more disciplined in the future...
* This CHANGES document
* minor changes made to DOCS.TXT
* minor clarification made to stellar dispersion info
* instead of just crashing, if .BGI file not found, asks for location
* ability to mark sectors as "avoids" added
* ability to find shortest path between multiple sectors (for tours)
(for extended tours, you have to chop sectors up)
* ability to find "unanchored" sectors to offline -- good candidates for
ether probes, since you get at least two unexplored sectors
* more-or-less optimal etherprobe sector coverage added to offline. Have
you been sitting at StarDock and firing off a hundred etherprobes hoping
to find a trader sitting unguarded? This will let you cut it down to 50
or so, and give you an efficient list. You will still have to clear space
enemy fighters, though...
* galactic tour added to offline -- gives a path that physically visits
all sectors. Allows you to develop "maps" of sectors that are explored.
Eventually, you will be able to feed etherprobe data into it, so that once
you've explored the galaxy, you can go back hunting for enemy planets.
* cleaned up display of "busiest ports"
* cleaned up the transwarp shortest path stuff. Added the ability to search
for "transwarp pairs" -- trading ports usefully accessed via trading
* when parsing .PRT files, shouldn't crash if there is junk at start of file
* added ability to list all known one-way warps in offline
* "Port Trade Factor" now displays RMS average percentage of trading goods
at ports. This seems more representative of how good a deal you will get.
* when updating files, you can backup, overwrite, or abort. (Lots of people
complained that CONVERT would eat files -- okay, so now there is a backup,
and if anything evil happens, you can go to the previous file.)
* People wanted to know about trading pairs at distance two (presumably the
pairs at distance one were all trashed). Now on main menu of "Examine".
* maximum number of notes is now MAXPORTS -- 400. Happy now, evil guys?
* cleanup .BAT file added.