* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
P C R E L A Y 4.1
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
PCRelay is full-featured mail and file transfer
software for IBM PC's and compatibles. Although
designed to run in a Bulletin Board environment, it
can be used to form file transfer networks or mail
networks based on mail systems other than BBS's.
* Compatible with PCBoard 10-14, RBBS, GAP, EIS, QBBS,
WILDCAT and many other software packages - Multiple BBS
types can participate in the same network - PCRelay will
convert message bases on the fly as they go through the
* Networks can be of (basically) any size. (Computer
simulations show that the software will not have
problems until you have a network of more than three
trillion nodes. Of course, you have to have a large
enough harddisk and a fast enough computer to handle
* Files can be sent from node to node - intelligent
routing prevents nodes and hubs from downloading files
that are for other people.
* Special "distribution list" feature facilitates
distribution of files to groups of nodes.
* Files can be requested with complete security and
* Special "delayed request" feature - you can request a
file before it becomes available - when it becomes
available, it is sent to you.
* Received files are renamed if they duplicate existing
files to prevent overwriting previously received
* Files can be requested or sent from the command line -
this facilitates sending of files through the network
from .BAT files or by shelling from other programs -
several third party programs are already available which
are designed to work with PCRelay's powerful file
* Supports BOTH PKZIP and PKPAK - each node can use
whichever they want - the HUB will determine which
compression utility to use based on the structure of the
* Support is provided free of charge - no yearly fees,
* Nodes can generate graphical reports of participation on
all of the nodes in the network on a conference by
* "Network ID" can be placed in tag line, thus
standardizing the part of the tag line that shows what
network the message is on. (helpful for "bridges"
between networks, protecting messages from being used by
other networks, etc)
* Special conference name list file can facilitate
standard names for conferences across network.
* Supports up to 511 conferences per network.
* Unlimited "nesting" or "levels" of regional hubs.
* Completely compatible with all major multitasking
* No need to carry unwanted conferences on your board.
Hubs do NOT have to carry all of the conferences that
their nodes want on their board.
* Regional hubs can be set up to AUTOMATICALLY to determine
which conferences they need to get and sent to/from the
next level above. (Includes full support for "regional"
conferences that are not "national" or transferred with
the hub above them.)
* HUB can configure the maximum amount of mail stored on a
conference by conference basis, readily changeable.
* HUB can alter mail pointers to reduce or increase mail
available on a conference by conference basis and/or
node by node basis.
* Two separate Report functions available to every hub.
Both are fully "CTTY" compatible for remote or "Door"
* All hub management functions can be run as a "ctty door"
for remote access.
* HUB can run in less than 270K, depending on number of
nodes or regional hubs connected. NODE can run in less
than 200K of memory for multitasking systems.
* HUB Duplicate Message Checking of last 1000 messages per
conference - catches all duplicate messages as they travel
through the network.
* HUB manager can manage file sends and requests as they
travel through the hub.
* HUB allows auto registration of both nodes and
conferences - can be set up as a completely unattended
network and can be managed via remote. Note that both
of these functions can be turned off if desired.
* Times and dates on messages are adjusted for different
time zones as they travel through the network.
* Reference numbers throughout entire network.
* Complete private message handling with enhanced
- Sophisticated "mailbox" scheme so that
private messages only show up on boards where the
addressee wants them to.
- Destination of private mail is determined at the
HUB level via private mail file automatically.
You don't download private mail that is not for
one of your users.
- Nodes may allow private mail on a conference by
- Sophisticated Public-Key encryption for private
- Routed messages - both public and private messages can
be routed to one board only. Routed messages will *NOT*
show up on any boards between them.
* No author intervention required for tag line changes.
* Log file automatically created by both NODE and HUB
detailing number of messages exported/imported in each
conference, files received, size of uploaded and
downloaded packets, etc.
* NODE can change conferences carried AUTOMATICALLY
without ANY HUB intervention. (Completely secure - HUB
defines which conferences can be "automatically
registered" - can have "private conferences" which only
certain nodes or hubs can access.)
* Completely menu driven system.
* Extensive (>100 pages) documentation.
* 24 Hour support through The Running Board at (301)
229-5623. Voice support through (301) 229-7244 (Bonnie
Anthony), and (703) 643-5513 (Kip Compton).
* Completely SHARE compatible, one node may be up and
another node may be transferring mail. No mail will be
* Will work with virtually ANY BBS SOFTWARE using UTI's
or "Universal Text Interfaces."
* Can use a RAM disk as its work directory for lightening-fast
* can run in very low memory by not shelling out to compression
utility, but letting the batch file call the compression utility.
* Significant speed up in IMPORT, EXPORT, and ANALYZE node programs.
* RESFILER TSR allows you to send and request files from inside your
reader or BBS software for extra convenience.
* CONFIG utility completely revamped for easier and more efficent
* Return-receipt routed mail supported -- you can request a receipt
to be sent back to you when your message arrives at the destination
* Complete and advanced message monitoring system via "watches."
* Can optionally eliminate PCBoard 14.x @ variables as they travel
into or out of your system.
* Facilites for automatically sending messages to every sysop on the
network -- even if they are not running PCBoard, it will be addressed
to the proper user name for the sysop.
PCRelay ("The Software") is COPYRIGHT 1988-1990 by Kip
Compton, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The original purchaser ("YOU") is
granted a LICENSE to use PCRelay only, subject to the following
restrictions and limitations.
1) This license is granted to the original purchaser only.
It is not transferrable under any conditions.
2) This software may only be used on a single computer
system. You may not use this software on more than one
3) You may make backup copies of PCRelay for your own
protection, subject to the limitations of this license.
4) You may not engage in, nor permit third parties to
engage in, any of the following :
A) Providing or permitting use of or disclosing
software to third parties. (The exception being
that users of your system may use the software as
long as it is running on your system.)
B) Making alterations or copies of any kind in the
software. (except as specifically permitted.)
C) ATTEMPTING TO DISASSEMBLE, DECOMPILE, OR REVERSE
ENGINEER THE SOFTWARE IN ANY WAY.
D) Granting sub-licenses, lease or other rights in
the software to others.
The author reserves the right to terminate this license if
there is a violation of its term or default by the original
purchaser. Upon termination for any reason, all copies of the
software mush be destroyed, and the original purchaser will be
liable for any and all damages suffered as a result of the
violation or default.
The author of this software is not liable for damages
suffered as a result of the improper use, proper use, or
inability to use this software. This type of disclaimer is
prohibited by law in some states, and is therefore void in those
Please complete for software application:
PCRELAY APPLICATION FORM
DO YOU WISH TO BUY: [ ] HUB SOFTWARE ($60) [ ] NODE SOFTWARE ($30)
CITY:____________________________ STATE:___________ ZIP:____________
IS THIS PHONE: [ ] HOME [ ] BUSINESS
(whereever possible please provide a home phone number)
IF THERE ARE ANY QUESTIONS WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO CONTACT YOU VIA A
NUMBER OF NODES:___________ MAXIMUM BAUD RATE:_______________________
BBS SPECIALITY (IF ANY):______________________________________________
NODE ID DESIRED_______________________________________________________
HUB ID DESIRED (must start with HUB)__________________________________
SERIAL NUMBER IF ISSUED_______________________________________________
WHERE DID YOU HEAR ABOUT PCRELAY?__________________________________________
ARE YOU A CURRENT MEMBER OF A NETWORK? [ ] YES [ ] NO
DO YOU NEED ANY INFORMATION ABOUT NETWORKS? [ ] YES [ ] NO
Please complete and return this form, along with the appropriate fees
Bonnie Anthony, M.D.
6901 Whittier Blvd.
Bethesda, MD 20817
FAX Number 301-229-7244
VOICE = 301-229-7028 OFFICE
BBS 301-229-5623/5342 Both lines Dual Standards
Credit cards now accepted - you can fax your order this morning and
download the software tonight! (please include in the fax your credit
card number and expiration date and a password for registration on The
Running Board - home of pcrelay support)