FV350B2B.ZIP -- second beta version of FastVote v3.50 3/15/93
THIS IS NOT A FULL RELEASE. THE FILE FVOTE330.ZIP IS REQUIRED TO
USE FASTVOTE.EXE. FOR FULL DOCUMENTATION AND SUPPORT FILES, FVOTE330.ZIP
This version includes a couple bug fixes and a few enhancements.
* A bug with the new non-standard IRQ feature has (hopefully) been remedied
* FastVote now supports COM1-8 (even without a Digiboard) and non-standard
IRQs. The program reads this information from a data file called FVPORTS.INF.
The format for this file is contained in the text file itself. If the
file is not found, default values for the com port addresses and IRQ #'s
are used. To setup FastVote for non-standard IRQs, just load FVPORTS.INF
into a text editor and edit the information for the appropriate com ports.
PLEASE TEST THIS IF POSSIBLE.
* Full support for Digiboard multiport cards has now been added. To enable
this feature, use the new /D parameter when running FastVote. The new
FVPORTS.INF file is irrelevant if you're using a Digiboard. PLEASE TEST
THIS IF POSSIBLE.
* A bug in FastVote's carrier detect facilites should now be fixed (the
program should not lock up if a user disconnects in an awkward place)
* Bugs in the booth creator have been fixed
* Fastvote now supports the TRUE RBBS DORINFO1.DEF format (although it
always looks for DORINFO1.DEF, it will not bomb when the file has a
COM0 in it that denots a local caller).
* A bug in the booth deletor concerning the data path in FASTVOTE.CFG
has been fixed
* A bug in the booth editor when deleting voters has been fixed
* The /R extention has been added; when this option is used, callers
will NOT be able to view results on a booth until they have voted on it
* FastVote now allows mandatory voting. To make an existing voting booth
mandatory, either enter the booth editor or place a "!" in front of the
filename in your .CFG file. The editor and the creator have both been
updated to reflect this addition. You must also use the new /M parameter
to force users to vote when FastVote loads.
It is recommended that if you make booths mandatory, you force the door
to load upon entrance to the BBS. If the user has already voted on all
the mandatory booths, FastVote will give he/she the option to vote on
* As usual, a few cosmetic changes have been made as well.
Please let us know if you find any new bugs, or if you disagree with the
way the two new functions have been implemented. Response is necessary
ASAP, as we'd like to release this version sometime in the next week!
Kito D. Mann
CollisionWare Premium SoftWare
BBS: (703)503-9441 300-2400 baud
or RIME DOORS conference